- Founding Partner
Founding partner Mathew Zenner concentrates on the areas of personal injury, products liability, employment discrimination, and medical malpractice.
Recipient of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. This is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state in the nation.
He is admitted to the bar in Tennessee and Minnesota.
Mr. Zenner is admitted to practice in all Tennessee trial courts, the Tennessee Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court (Middle, Western, and Eastern District of Tennessee), and the U.S. Court of Appeals (Sixth Circuit).
During his education at the University of Minnesota College of Law, he served as student director of the Civil Practice Clinic and received the BNA Award for Excellence in Employment Law. Additionally, during his undergraduate education at the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota), he was an All Conference baseball player.
In addition to practicing law, he enjoys participating in triathlons, having completed more than 40, and spending time with his wife Lisa and two children Berrin and Ava. Matt is also an assistant coach, for Boys and Girls Cross Country at Franklin Road Academy and a WNSL youth basketball coach.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Employment Discrimination
- Medical Malpractice
- Tennessee, 1997
- Minnesota, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Student Director, Civil Practice Clinic
- Honors: BNA Award of Excellence in Employment Law
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1993
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act on Personal Injury Litigation, National Business Institute, 2014
- Litigating Personal Injury Cases under the Affordable Care Act, TAM Personal Injury CLE Conference, Nashville, 2014
- Litigating Personal Injury Claims in Tennessee, ACA and HIPAA Rules. TAM Webinar, 2015
- Litigating Health Care Liability Act Claims under the ACA and HIPAA, Tennessee Medical Malpractice Conference, 2016
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Labor & Employment Law Award, American Bar Association Bureau of National Affairs
- Excellence in Employment Discrimination Law Award, Minnesota State Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, 2014, 2015
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys: Premier 100 Trial Attorney Tennessee, 2015
- Mentor: Nashville Bar Foundation Leadership Forum Mentoring Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Employment Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers - Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
Great Case Results!
Our firm has obtained some amazing settlements and judgments on behalf of our clients.